We are seeking an ambitious Trusts and Foundations Officer to help us grow our Trusts and Foundation income. You will proactively identify new potential funders, write inspiring grant applications and work with our project staff to develop new opportunities.
We are particularly interested in receiving applications from autistic people and those with other neurodevelopmental conditions.
Autistica is the UK’s national autism research charity. We exist to secure a long, happy, healthy life for the 700,000 autistic people in the UK and their families. We have grown in size by 400% in the last two years, with significantly increased income and investment in autism research. That growth has led to the charity winning many awards for our strategic corporate partnerships, fundraising performance, comms and policy work.
- Lead on the Lower Level Trust giving programme (trusts capable of giving up to £10,000), identifying new prospects and sending applications.
- Write compelling, detailed and tailored fundraising applications for trusts capable of giving up to £10,000 (moving up to £25,000 in time), maintaining very high quality and attention to detail at all times.
- Digest scientific proposals and translate them into cases for support for a lay audience for use across fundraising.
- Research potential new UK and international trusts and foundations to develop a large and robust pipeline of prospects.
- Work closely with the Trusts and Foundations Manager and research team to help develop proposals, set budgets and collect supporting documentation.
- Manage and develop close donor relationships, organising cultivation and stewardship meetings when appropriate.
- Work with the Senior Trusts and Foundations Manager to ensure that donors receive regular and timely progress reports and appropriate recognition of their awards.
Finance and administration
- Help maintain systems to track income and expenditure budgets, ensuring that all information is recorded accurately and held centrally on Autistica managed systems.
- Keep donor records up to date by logging all applications, correspondence and income from trusts and foundations on Raiser’s Edge and in relevant folders
- Along with other fundraising/finance team members, bring cheques to the bank to be cashed.
- Build relationships across the organisation to ensure comprehensive knowledge of funded programmes
- Develop and maintain a bank of supporting materials for use in funding applications and communications
- Involvement and support of other areas of fundraising areas, such as major donor and events fundraising
- Contribute to new fundraising ideas and initiatives.
Training and professional development
- Undertake all necessary training, within agreed annual budgets, to ensure the delivery of key responsibilities
- Maintain a good knowledge of current developments within the trust and statutory sectors and how they relate to Autistica’s priorities.
- Develop relationships with counterparts in other organisations and seek out partnership opportunities where .
- Keep up to date with legislative requirements, such as compliance with Data Protection legislation.
- Attend and contribute constructively to team meetings and other meetings as required.
How to apply
- Read the full job description.
- Write a one page cover letter with details of your work experiences that relate to the job and person specification.
- Send an up to date CV and cover letter to email@example.com
The closing date is 24 July 2019.
Interviews will take place on 29 and 31 July.