This exciting and newly created role offers you the opportunity to join Autistica as a key member of our award-winning fundraising team, leading the way in developing our gaming strategy.
We are highly ambitious for the development of this department, which the successful candidate for this role will help shape and grow. The main focus of the role will be to develop our existing relationships and to create new partnerships between Autistica and the gaming industry, playing a critical role in delivering strong financial growth and raising brand awareness to help us reach our ambitious research goals.
Autistica’s office is made up of a team of extremely dedicated staff & volunteers. We’re looking for someone who can fit in well and bring their personality, creativity and professionalism to our fundraising, communications and the wider charity.
• To position Autistica as a key charity engaging with the gaming industry
• To develop and roll out the overarching gaming strategy for Autistica
• Achieve agreed financial and non-financial objectives in line with the fundraising and communications strategy/plan
• Research and identify new business opportunities and approach them with an aim of securing new partnerships with the gaming industry
• Support the Director of Fundraising, Corporate team, Communications team and Challenge Events with relationships within the gaming industry
• To work with the challenge events and digital fundraising team on streaming fundraising initiatives
• Work with the wider fundraising team to support our largest appeals and events
• Participate in internal meetings to develop strategies and plans for all areas of the charity
• Raise the profile of Autistica through networking at external events
• With support from the Director of Fundraising, develop the strategy, plans and budgets for the gaming partnerships’ contribution to the overall fundraising strategy and budget
• This is a role that requires a significant degree of creativity and resourcefulness, to not only identify existing opportunities, but to conceive and develop new opportunities in the gaming industry
• To conceive and deliver proposals with strong cases for support to engage the gaming companies/studios/developers and platforms in Autistica’s work – targeting brand, marketing and CSR teams. This could include products, events, sponsorships and social media activity
• To convert prospects into partners, by developing relationships through personal visits, communication, attending networking events, writing proposals and delivering presentations
• To ensure that all active and potential partners receive excellent stewardship and understand the work of Autistica
• Set annual budgets for income and expenditure and provide regular reforecasts
• To ensure all gaming activities follow appropriate charity law, codes of conduct and best practice in handling and storing data
• To ensure Raiser’s Edge is kept up to date with all relationships and records of activity are maintained
• To ensure agreements with partners are in place which set out the expectations and requirements of both Autistica and the partner, ensuring each partnership is transparent and well managed
• To undertake other duties as directed by the Director of Fundraising
• To account manage active corporate partnerships, maximising gaming income and partner motivation and satisfaction, by creating effective relationships and exciting activity plans which inform and motivate staff to raise money for Autistica
• To submit reports as and when required for the board or Senior Management Team
• To be self-servicing in all administrative tasks
• Maintain up to date knowledge of the gaming industry and Autistica’s current work and activities
• Demonstrable experience of working in the gaming industry with an understanding of major titles/studios, platforms, events and current industry trends
• Demonstrable experience in new business or brand partnership experience with proven successes in winning new partnerships
• Experience of successfully contributing to new business strategies in a commercial or corporate fundraising environment with up to date knowledge of industry trends and sector knowledge
• Success in generating income/sales and achieving financial targets
• Proven track-record of developing and writing successful proposals, applications and business document
• Strategy, planning and budgeting experience
• Demonstrable experience of negotiating with companies/brands to broker partnership deals
• Digitally savvy, aware of the gaming community use of Twitter, Reddit, Snapchat, Twitch, YouTube etc.
• IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Understanding and appreciation of different types of corporate and brand partnerships and understanding the corporate motivations behind each
• Creative and innovative thinker with the ability to develop new commercial ideas and translate into action and results
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
• Confident in dealing with people at all levels, and ability to influence and negotiate.
Competencies (Soft Skills)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
• Results oriented and problem-solving approach to work and challenges with the ability to contribute towards a culture of making an impact
• Adaptable and flexible approach. Ability to build effective working relationships
• Ability to understand Autistica’s work and to communicate to our supporters in a clear and compelling way
• Enjoy working as part of a small team, often under pressure whilst making effective decisions
• Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends (if required).
• Right to work in the UK
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
• Experience of using Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce
• Involvement in managing events both on and offline.
More details and apply
For full details about this role download the job description. Applications close on 23 January 2019. If this job is of interest, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.