We know that art, crafts, writing and music are all great ways to relax, connect with others and explore our emotions. Autistica Create is all about sharing your creativity with others and raising funds for autism research. However you or your family like to create, there is a way to turn it into a fun fundraising opportunity!
This page should give you some ideas to create your own fundraiser, but let us know if you have a different idea. We can help make it a reality!
Two ways to create
Create to give to others:
- Encourage people to donate in exchange for a unique piece of art or craft
- Offer to paint people or pet portraits for your friends
- Get your child to paint something to post through neighbours’ doors
- Make something like cakes, cards or even scented candles and donate a percentage
Create to share online:
- Host an event on an online chat platform and share your creative skills in exchange for a donation
- Have a Pictionary night with friends
- Run a workshop sharing a creative skill such as baking or cooking
- Stream a live poetry or music evening
- Get your children to perform a play or puppet show
Setting up your Autistica Create fundraiser
1. Email us, tell us your idea and we’ll support you with everything you need
2. Take photos to promote your event, art, craft or talent
3. Setup your JustGiving page
4. Promote your event or offer on social media to encourage more people to get involved
We welcome any other ideas you have so get in touch!
Our mission is to transform the lives of autistic people and their families.
£20...helps us work with top researchers to develop crucial information during Coronavirus
£150...helps us get expert mental health advice out to 100 families in crisis.
£500 ...pays for several days of a new researcher's study, continuing their groundbreaking research.