Games players and creators need a space to connect authentically with autism research to transform the industry. That’s why we created Autistica Play.
Gaming helped my social skills a lot... otherwise I would not have spoken to anyone. It helped me connect to the real world.
Rebecca, autistic person who plays games
For the players
For the games industry
We know that many of your staff may be autistic. What if your next charity partner could help them feel more understood at work, drive employee engagement and be a catalyst for change
How to work with us
- Charity of The Year schemes
- Your chosen charity
- Cause related marketing
- Autism employment programme (DARE)
- Sponsorship opportunities
- Autism awareness talks
- Challenge events
- Bespoke activities and campaigns with a focus on games
- Ambassador progammes
Want to make a social impact and create real change? Let's talk!Contact Jake
For the support network
Games can mean more to those who play them than just a recreational hobby. Not everyone knows how valuable games can be as a medium for education, socialising, connectivity, experiences that would otherwise be inaccessible.
As the support network for the players, it's important to manage a healthy games experience while also acknowledging the benefits of games and what they mean to the players.
These below links take you to askaboutgames.com, a great resource for anyone who doesn't play games themselves but wants to learn more.
Have a question about games? Contact Jake today!
For those who want to support us
2. Set a time and date for your video games challenge
3. Promote your #AutisticaPlay event to let us and your community know what you are doing
4. Support Autistica while playing games!
- Set up challenges and milestones to increase audience engagement and donations!
- Don't forget to thank your community: Thank your supporters and donators before, during and after your fundraiser!
- Did you know that ‘Just Chatting’ is the most popular genre on twitch right now! You don’t have to play games to fundraise through streaming!
- Going for a marathon? remember to take breaks, hydrate and rest! Healthy fundraising – thank you for challenging yourself but make sure you take care of yourself first!
Our Autistica Play aims are:
- Improve support for autistic talent.
- Increase understanding of autism.
- Raise vital funds and awareness.