Autism research - informed by actually autistic people - is the only way to achieve progress in improving the lives of autistic people.
Jon Adams, autistic advocate
Getting autism insight on your study at an early stage can make a big difference to your research and its impact.
We offer all researcher members of Discover the opportunity to gain autism insight on their study from the Discover Insight Group.
What is the Discover Insight Group?
The Discover Insight Group is a group of autistic adults, parents and carers who share their personal experience of autism with researchers in order to improve the research process. The Discover Insight Group members are offered training to help them feel confident with scientific and research methodology.
How can they help your research?
Discover Insight Group Members can get involved in activities such as:
- attending workshops or focus groups
- monitoring ongoing research projects
- responding to surveys and questionnaires
Members can also provide advice to ensure that:
- research materials are autism-appropriate
- public events are autism-friendly
- websites, articles and blogposts are easy to understand