We are looking to recruit two apprentices to our board of trustees. They will gain first-hand experience and training. We hope this will increase the number of board-ready autistic people who can take on decision making roles across the charity sector.
Every charity has a governing body - often a board of trustees. Being on a board is a significant role, trustees take overall responsibility for the charity's work and hold the Chief Executive and team to account.
We ran a board apprentice scheme in 2018-19 and want to build on the success of that pilot in 2019-20. This is a year-long voluntary role, which involves four meetings in central London.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for board apprentices who
- have a diagnosis of autism
- have a genuine interest and passion for the vision, mission and activities undertaken by Autistica
- have a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to being an apprentice
- understand the importance of confidentiality
- are interested in strategic conversations and the charity sector
- are willing to listen to and respect different points of view
You do not need to have previous Board or charity experience.
- Complete this application form by 12 March 2020.
- Candidates will be informed whether they have been shortlisted or not by 19 March 2020.
- Candidates will be reviewed internally.
- Candidates will be interviewed by Autistica staff and trustees.
- Chosen candidates will then be offered a place on the board.
Contact Bethan: Bethan.Davies@autistica.org.uk